Paranormal Discovery UK
Terms & Conditions
This website, www.paranormaldiscovery.uk, (collectively referred to as the “Website” in these Terms and Conditions) is owned and operated by Paranormal Discovery UK (“we”, “us” or “Paranormal Discovery”). By using and accessing our website, you (“you”, “guest”, “guests”, “person” or “persons”) agree to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are non-negotiable.
By purchasing a ticket by any means (e.g. via telephone, via this website or via a ticket agent), means that all guests have agreed to the following terms and conditions of sale:
General Admissions / Health & Safety:
1. Events are open to people aged eighteen years and over. Paranormal Discovery reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone who appears to be under the age of eighteen years unless photo identification is provided (i.e. Passport, Driving License).
These events are not recommended for persons of a nervous disposition, anyone with known heart condition, anyone with severe disabilities, medical conditions such as asthma or pregnant women, due to the nature of many of the locations we hold events at. We also advise anyone that has recently suffered a bereavement not to attend. If you are unsure whether an event/location maybe suitable for any health concerns you have may have, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before booking so we can advise you in full.
You accept that there is an increase risk to Health & Safety due to being in poorly lit buildings and agree to follow all Health & Safety advise given at the event(s) including taking responsibility for bringing a torch and wearing sensible shoes to reduce the risks of slips, trips and falls.
Locations & Accessibility
2. Locations that we visit may not be suitable for anyone with mobility issues. Please email us at email@example.com for any enquiries regarding concerns with the accessibility of the locations, before booking an event with us.
3. There are no sleeping facilities at our locations/events unless otherwise advertised on the Paranormal Discovery website. You will be required to stay awake for the duration of the event.
4. The minimum age for participants at a Paranormal Discovery event is eighteen years of age. Paranormal Discovery reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone who appears to be under the age of eighteen years unless photo identification is provided (i.e. Passport, Driving License).
Please note that as these public events are for guests aged 18 years and over, adult language may be occasionally heard. Should you be easily offended please do not book.
5. Due to the accessibility, restrictions and other factors at our locations that may cause risk, pregnant women are not allowed to attend any of our events.
Alcohol & Drugs
6. Paranormal Discovery operates a strict no drinking and no drugs policy. Paranormal Discovery reserves the right to refuse entry, to an event, any guest who shows signs of being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and/or is suspected of bringing alcoholic drinks and/or drugs to an event. In these circumstances, the guest will not be allowed to stay and will be removed from the location immediately regardless of any adverse weather conditions and/or travel arrangements. Paranormal Discovery do not need to prove a person is intoxicated or under the influence to make a final decision. Removal of guests that are found to be in breach of this terms and conditions is for others (guests and team) safety and well-being. No refunds will be issued.
7. Paranormal Discovery do not allow smoking indoors at any of our locations, this includes the use of e-cigarettes. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas and during breaks. Candles, naked flames or other potential fire hazards are not to be used during an event.
8. Unless you have booked for a private/corporate night with Paranormal Discovery; all of our advertised events on this website are for public events.
9. For Health & Safety reasons, throughout the night you must stay with your allocated group and will not be allowed to wander around the location, apart from any allocated free time offered, subject to the rules of the venue.
10. We advise that if you do not want to be a part of a public event then alternatively you may want to book a private/corporate event with Paranormal Discovery, to ensure that you have the entire venue for just your party alone.
11. All luggage, clothing, equipment, vehicles and effects belonging to you or your party are your own responsibility. Paranormal Discovery will not be liable for any loss or damage to luggage, clothing, equipment, vehicles and effects belonging to the guests before, during and after the event however caused.
12. Although Paranormal Discovery cannot foresee any problems, accidents/incidents do happen. We advise you to stay with your group during your visit to the location and all members of your team should preferably have their own third party public liability insurance as our insurers have indicated that our public liability policies may not cover your party during your visit to the location since it is outside our normal public access categories. You are attending the location at your own risk; we accept no liability for any death, accident or injury to yourselves, however caused.
13. All events may or may not include a guest Psychic(s), Medium(s), Clairvoyant(s) or any history tour of the building. Please note if you are wishing to book an event solely based on a Psychic(s), Medium(s), Clairvoyant(s) being present, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or any enquiries or for us to confirm if a Psychic(s), Medium(s), Clairvoyant(s) maybe present or not.
14. Paranormal Discovery ask all our guests to be respectful to the spirit world and to others involved in the event, to be open minded in your approach. Being openly cynical will spoil and tarnish the event for everyone, so, soak up the atmosphere and try to communicate with spirit! You never know what to expect, as every event is unique.
15. We welcome your feedback on all of our events. If you have a problem or complaint during the event, please bring it to the attention of a member of the Paranormal Discovery team as soon as possible so that they have a chance to put matters right. If your problem is not resolved during the event please email us at email@example.com, including your booking order number, booking name the event was booked under and the event details. We consider it unreasonable if you take no action during the actual event or do not contact us within an acceptable time of 48 hours after the event has taken place.
Event Listing Changes
16. Paranormal Discovery reserve the right to alter or amend event listings within reason. Times of events or what’s included maybe subject to slight change to the advertised event listing but wherever possible will not significantly affect the overall experience or duration of the event. Where we believe an alteration causes a significant change to that listed, guests will be notified.
17. Paranormal Discovery make no guarantees regarding paranormal activity at any of our events, therefore we are not responsible for any activity or lack of during the event. You the guest, are responsible for making your own decisions and no perceived predictions, opinions, information, advice or comments made by our guest Psychics, Mediums, Clairvoyants, Co-ordinators or Hosts should be interpreted as factual or actual.
18. You agree that any, and all services from Paranormal Discovery are for entertainment purposes only. We make no guarantees thus Paranormal Discovery are not liable for any information or occurrences regarding the validity, truth, or likelihood of any, and all information obtained from our Employees, Contractors, Psychics, Mediums, Clairvoyants, Co-ordinators or Hosts on any of our events.
19. By booking with Paranormal Discovery you agree that all footage and pictures taken during the event by Paranormal Discovery can be used by Paranormal Discovery.
20. Photos and/or recordings are allowed on the night with consent from Paranormal Discovery and are for the sole use of the owner and are not to be used in the public domain without prior consent of all people (team and guests) participating in the event.
Weather Conditions & Temperatures
21. Any event due to take place wholly or partially in the open air is likely to be affected by unsuitable/adverse weather conditions. In this case, Paranormal Discovery reserve the right to relocate the event to an area undercover. In most cases all events take place, and it is your responsibility to bring suitable clothing to match the weather conditions for the time of year for ANY event booked whether undercover or in the open air.
22. In the case of poor weather conditions, Paranormal Discovery will always work towards the event going ahead. It is very rare that any event is cancelled due to weather conditions and as long as our Employees, Contractors, Psychics, Mediums, Clairvoyants, Co-ordinators or Hosts are able to travel to our locations then all events will still go ahead as scheduled. Should the need arise however for an event to be cancelled because of adverse weather conditions, then all guests will be notified. Please note Paranormal Discovery are not responsible for adverse weather conditions, neither are Paranormal Discovery responsible if you, yourself choose not to attend an event due to poor weather conditions or other outside factors.
23. Should an event still go ahead as scheduled then no refunds or transfers onto other events/dates will be issued if any guest(s) choose themselves to make the decision that they will not be attending an event due to poor weather conditions or other outside factors. Paranormal Discovery are not responsible for any guests travel arrangements as a result of adverse weather conditions.
24. It is strongly recommended that guests taking part in events wear appropriate and sensible clothing and footwear. Warm clothing is advised as temperatures tend to dip during the twilight hours and this is particularly recommended for any outside events. Paranormal Discovery do not provide any additional outerwear and will not be liable for guests feeling uncomfortable due to extreme temperatures. No refunds will be issued for any guests who choose to leave early due to cold temperatures or adverse weather conditions.
25. Paranormal Discovery suggest you either secure accommodation following the event or book transport home due to possible tiredness caused by the event. However, Paranormal Discovery do not have any liability to you and will not be liable for any expenses you may incur such as accommodation bookings and travel costs. We do not accept any responsibility for any accidents or incidents caused before, during or after the event. Please remember tiredness can kill.
26. In the unlikely event that an event is cancelled, Paranormal Discovery will not be held liable for any additional costs a guest may have incurred outside of their direct Paranormal Discovery event ticket purchase(s).
27. Paranormal Discovery reserve the right to cancel additional extras offered such as sleepovers or meals. Where a significant change has occurred to a paid optional extra (paid optional extra is when a guest has paid an additional price on top of the standard ticket price), Paranormal Discovery will contact all guests affected and refunds will be issued ONLY for any additional payments made to enjoy the optional extras. If the event is still running no refund for the standard ticket price paid will be refunded. Anything either stated as complimentary in our event listings or is considered a free optional extra has no bearing on the ticket price and no part refunds will be issued if changes to these are made. If a complimentary item has not been provided, no refund part or otherwise shall be considered. Paranormal Discovery also reserve the right to substitute complimentary items.
Bookings, Transfers, Deposits & Full Balances
28. All bookings made through Paranormal Discovery means you and your guest(s) accept and agree to these terms and conditions.
29. By accepting and agreeing to these terms and conditions you and your guest(s) are further indemnifying the promoters/organisers/individuals from and against all legal liability in respect of any claims, damages, costs, penalties, actions, demands, proceedings, any kind of legal suits, losses or expenses amounted in respect of or arising out of the injury to or the death of any person, or persons, or damage to any property arising from the guest’s participation and involvement in the event or activity or premises pertaining to the event.
30. All prices are subject to change without notice. From time to time Paranormal Discovery will and reserve the right to promote events/products via different sources. Prices on these offers may vary from the original price. Promotional or sale offers will not be issued/offered or honoured to guests who have already paid or purchased before or after these offers, sales or promotions expire.
31. When you make a booking with Paranormal Discovery it is entirely your responsibility to ensure that you are able to make the event date that you have booked, as Paranormal Discovery cannot offer a refund or transfer your place(s) onto another event date if you or any of your party are unable to attend regardless of any circumstances. The reason for this is that all places are paid for in advance to our locations, which means we are still liable for these costs even if you cannot attend the event.
32. All deposit payments are non-refundable. If this option is chosen a deposit will secure your place(s) on the event. However, the final balance payment must be made no later than 4 weeks prior to the event, or by the date otherwise stated on the advertised event details listed. If the balance payment is not received by the due date requested, Paranormal Discovery reserve the right to advertise your places (normally via the website) for general sale and retain any deposit payment already received. Paranormal Discovery are under no obligation to remind guests that their remaining balance is due.
If you are booking an event with less than 4 weeks to go before the event date, the whole amount is required at time of booking, and the deposit option will no longer be available on the event listing.
33. Unfortunately, we cannot put your places back up for sale on our website for you if you are unable to attend your event. However, if the ticket price has been paid in full your tickets can be transferred to another third party of your choice. You can also advertise your tickets for sale on the Paranormal Discovery Facebook page, however advertising on this page must be made by the person that made the original booking only, OR by prior agreement with Paranormal Discovery should you wish someone else to advertise your places on your behalf on our Facebook page.
Please note Paranormal Discovery accept no liability for any third-party transactions made via this method nor will Paranormal Discovery enter into any correspondence to help with this transaction.
All third parties need to be made familiar with Paranormal Discovery’s terms and conditions. It will be automatically recognised that the guest(s) purchasing your tickets from you will have been asked by yourself to read and will have agreed to Paranormal Discovery’s terms and conditions. Failure to do so will result in the new guest not being allowed access to the event.
Paranormal Discovery reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who has purchased tickets for an event through unofficial sources. Please note, if you are purchasing tickets for Paranormal Discovery event through any unofficial source, please contact us immediately to verify the authenticity of he sale as you could be at risk of no entry.
Discount Codes & Gift Certificates
34. Discount Codes/Promotional Codes/Sale Prices/Offers apply to new deposit bookings and full priced events and will be clearly stated for what type of event they apply to (e.g. ghost hunts, psychic suppers etc).
35. Discount Codes/Promotional Codes/Sale Prices/Offers can ONLY be accepted via the online bookings on the Paranormal Discovery website (www.paranormaldiscovery.uk).
36. Discount Codes/Promotional Codes/Sale Prices/Offers do not apply to any final balance payments and or gift certificate purchases.
37. Discount Codes/Promotional Codes/Sale Prices/Offers must be applied at the checkout at the time of booking. Should the Discount Codes/Promotional Codes/Sale Prices/Offers not be applied at the time of booking the Discount Codes/Promotional Codes/Sale Prices/Offers cannot be issued after the order has been completed.
38. Paranormal Discovery reserves the right to advertise any Discount Codes/Promotional Codes/Sale Prices/Offers via social media sites.
39. Gift Certificates are valid for a full year from the time of purchase. Please keep in a secure place for use as misplaced Gift Certificates cannot be re-issued.
40. If the purchased Gift Certificate is not used within the valid from and valid to dates as shown on the purchased Gift Certificate we will be unable to offer any exchanges or extended dates.
41. All Gift Certificates are non-refundable, and change will not be issued if the amount of the Gift Certificate is not fully used. Gift Certificates can only be used redeemed via the Paranormal Discovery website (www.paranormaldiscovery.uk).
Cancellations by Paranormal Discovery
42. If unforeseen circumstances prevail, Paranormal Discovery reserve the right to cancel an event at any time for any reason at our discretion particularly in the instance of an event not reaching its full selling capacity. Should we have to cancel, we will contact you as soon as is possible and will either offer you a full refund of any money paid by you, or move you’re booking to another available date/event of your choice (please note if there is an additional price difference between events, any additional cost must be paid for). Paranormal Discovery do not have any liability to you and will not be liable for any expenses you may incur such as accommodation bookings and travel costs.
Cancellations by Guest(s), Transfers and Refunds
43. All payments including deposits and payments in full are non-refundable and non-transferable regardless of any circumstances. When you make a booking with Paranormal Discovery it is entirely your responsibility to ensure that you are able to make the event date that you have booked, as Paranormal Discovery cannot offer a refund or transfer your places onto another event date if you or any of your party are unable to attend regardless of any circumstances.
The reason for this is that all places are paid for in advance to our locations, which means we are still liable for these costs even if you cannot attend the event.
44. Throughout the event you and your party will act in a sensible manner and will not cause harm or injury to anyone else, any animal, or effect of property etc.
Anyone displaying aggressive, disruptive, rude, intimidating, threatening, unruly and unreasonable behaviour towards any member of the Paranormal Discovery team, guests(s) and/or person(s), or shows disrespect towards the location to include and not exhaustive of: building or content tampering/damage, entering areas clearly stated as out of bounds, during the course of an event will not be tolerated. Any guest(s) and/or persons(s) displaying any behaviour that is deemed unacceptable will immediately be removed from the event, this will be regardless of any adverse weather conditions and or travel arrangements and no refunds will be issued.
Paranormal Discovery reserves the right to ban such guest(s) and/or person(s) form attending any future events. This is for the safety and well-being of others. No refunds will be issued.
Any guest(s) and/or person(s) attending an event who is deemed to be acting intentionally to cause Paranormal Discovery a financial loss such as deliberate equipment damage, malicious slander, third party marketing or any such other deliberate acts will be banned from the event with immediate effect and legal action taken.
Data Privacy / Data Permission
45. We do not store credit card details, nor do we share guests details with any third-parties.
a. Secure Payments. All bookings made via the website are processed via PayPal Express. We therefore have no access to any payment details you enter via our checkout system such as card numbers, card expiry date or security number. This information is stored within PayPal Express.
b. Data Permission. In accordance with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) which came into effect on 25th May 2018, anyone subscribing to our newsletter after this date are giving their consent to Paranormal Discovery sending them newsletter/marketing of which you can opt of at anytime by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link within the email. We send on average four email campaigns per year.
c. Waiting Lists. By adding your email details to any of our events waiting lists, you consent to us contacting you (by email notification) to let you know when stock becomes available. We do NOT use your email details for any other purpose, including newsletters/ marketing or to share with third-parties.
46. While we endeavour to ensure that the Paranormal Discovery website (www.paranormaldiscovery.uk) is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period due to system failure, maintenance or repair of for reasons beyond our control.
These terms and conditions are subject to change and Paranormal Discovery reserves the right to amend these at any time without notice. We advise that you check this website from time to time to review the current terms and conditions.
All these terms and conditions and any contract you have agreed to shall be subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
Your acceptance to these terms and conditions is deemed at the time of booking an in doing so Paranormal Discovery are indemnified against all legal liability in respect of claims or costs for any personal loss, damage to self or property, personal injury or death arising from your participation during the course of the event. It is strongly advised that you have your own third-party public liability insurance.